I’ve had the very good luck of catching a cold right before the long weekend so I’ve pretty much spent the weekend at home and probably will not be stepping any foot out the door for the rest of the long weekend except maybe to look for food… the fridge & pantry are looking pretty bare right about now. Hubby’s about to step out to get us some dinner. I’ve begged him to get him a small bag of Kettle chips (Honey Soy) and he’s refusing me! How could he refused a sick wife her comfort food? Enough whinging on my part! Hope the rest of you are having a terrific weekend and for all the Aussies, Happy Australia Day! Don’t forget to enter the Australia Day Book Giveaway Blog Hop!
Update: he loves me after all, he came back with the chips, yay! 😀 ❤
This week is all about books I’ve purchased (erm, yea, book buying ban broken within 13 days from NY day, lol). A few of these are second hand and about half will fit in my challenges this year. I was slightly generous and bought one for my son 😉
- Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter ~LOST challenge
- Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner ~LOST challenge
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo ~LOST challenge
- Wattle Creek by Fiona Mccallum ~AWW2014
- Sleep With the Lights On by Maggie Shayne
- Taste of Darkness (Healer #2) by Maria V. Snyder ~I’ve read the eARC but needed the paperback to complete my collection 😉
- Your Best Body by Michelle Bridges ~cuz I loved her ‘Perfect Veggie Casserole’ recipe in this book; I could have it everyday! The recipe was previously available online on the Penguin Books Australia website but it looks like they’ve taken it down 😦
- An Iron Rose by Peter Temple ~Classics Project
- The Watch Tower by Elizabeth Harrower ~Classics Project & AWW2014
- Dinosaur Rescue! by Penny Dale ~loved how big his eyes get when he saw this 🙂
- Cecilia, or, Memoirs of an Heiress by Fanny Burney ~this reading a classic a month is just not happening for me… I still intend to finish this brick of a book though.
- The Rule of Knowledge by Scott Baker ~nearly there!
- The Lost Sisterhood: A Novel by Anne Fortier
What I’ll HAVE to pick up this week: